Atlanta Business Attorney Offers Proactive General Counsel Services
Changing the process to deliver value for your company
Are your litigation costs too high? Are you in court/mediation/arbitration too often for too many issues? Do your operations stall while your lawyers attempt to resolve disputes? If you’ve ever wondered what value your business derives from its legal counsel, you may be ready for a new approach to general counsel services. I’m Paul M. Spizzirri, an accomplished business attorney in practice for more than 20 years, and I’m prepared to show you how to change the way you interface with your legal counsel. As your outside general counsel, I am a strategic partner, not a detached observer. I don’t just step in when you get into trouble; I get in the way of trouble so it doesn’t reach or affect you.
It’s time to optimize your legal ecosystem
The model I use for proactive attorney-client interface is that of a healthy ecosystem. In nature, there is balance, harmony, and growth, because each part of the system functions to serve the whole. In business, litigation is like an invasive disease that kills the fruits of your business and can even cause its roots to wither and die. But a healthy legal ecosystem minimizes waste from litigation, enhances asset value, and spurs growth.
Here are a few points that illustrate this model:
- Budget and financial control — Are your legal expenses out of proportion to your overall budget? I use optimal project management practices to rein in legal expenses. I can forecast what your legal expenses are likely to be, which frees capital for investment.
- Contract management — I conduct due diligence on existing contracts to determine areas of risk and then take steps to head off potential disputes. This practice strengthens your company’s relationship with customers and vendors, so you can enjoy more mutually profitable transactions.
- Risk management — I take proactive steps to reduce the risk of your business ventures, which improves your profitability. Those steps include everything from reviewing insurance policies to securing your intellectual property.
- Regulatory compliance — Compliance issues can be as toxic to your legal ecosystem as civil litigation. I review your company’s compliance procedures, provide guidelines for required documentation, and help your business adopt best practices.
- Alternate dispute resolution — Your business cannot thrive on Pyrrhic victories. An uncollectible judgment is worthless. As your general counsel, I identify profit opportunities in conflict resolution and advise you accordingly.
Under this model, attorney and client commit to continuous process improvement. We work together to keep the ecosystem healthy. Soon, your reactive legal costs from litigation drop, and you begin to see the value in proactive legal services as your business thrives.
Contact a proactive business attorney for general counsel services in Atlanta
Businesses that spend too much of their company’s budget on legal fees should consider outside general counsel services from attorney Paul M. Spizzirri. To learn how the proactive approach can build value for your business, schedule a free consultation. Call 404-458-8311 or contact my Atlanta office online.